(Ames, Iowa) – Winners of the second annual Ivy Women in Business Awards have been announced by the Ivy College of Business at Iowa State University. The awards honor women in business and those who work to inspire and advance the careers of women.
The 2019 winners are:
- The Champion Award honors individuals, businesses, or organizations serving as champions to inspire, lead, and encourage women. There are two winners in this category:
- Leslie Buttorff, chair of the Board of Directors, Quintel-MC, Greenwood Village, Colorado;
- Principal, a global financial investment management and insurance company with headquarters in Des Moines.
- The Inspiration Award recognizes women who have made a significant impact in their career. Through their work, they have inspired other women in business to become leaders and reach their full potential. The 2019 recipient is Kate Banasiak, president and CEO of Diversified Management Services, Des Moines, Iowa.
- The Outstanding Young Alumna Award honors alumnae, 35 years of age or younger, who have distinguished themselves early in their career for their remarkable achievements. The 2019 recipient is Emily Schmitt, general counsel for Sukup Manufacturing Co., Sheffield, Iowa.
“Highlighting and honoring the great work being done by women and organizations that support women in business is an important aspect of our strategic goals at the Ivy College of Business,” said Raisbeck Endowed Dean David Spalding. “Business leaders tell me they need talent in the workforce, and they need that talent to come from a diverse population. Supporting the achievements of women in business is one way we can honor this important work. We look forward to a special evening with this year’s winners.”
The Ivy Women in Business Awards ceremony is sponsored by the Debbie and Jerry Ivy College of Business and the Collegiate Women in Business student organization.
Ivy Women in Business Awards Ceremony
5:30-7:00 p.m., Wednesday, March 27
ISU Alumni Center
The event is free and open to the public