Jacquelyn Rees Ulmer
Title: Associate Dean for Professional Masters Programs / Union Pacific Professor of Information Systems / Professor of Management Information Systems
Department: Administration / Information Systems
Office: 2205 Gerdin Business Building
Phone number: 515-294-6232
- PhD, Decision and Information Sciences, University of Florida, 1998
- BSBA, Decision and Information Sciences, University of Florida, 1992
- Information Security
- Machine Learning
- Text Mining
- Genetic Algorithms
AwardsUnion Pacific Professor of Information Systems 2016Notable Contributions to the Literature Award for "The Association Between the Disclosure and the Realization of Information Security Risk Factors," American Accounting Association - Accounting Information Systems Section, August 8th, 2018. 2018
- Wang, T. Kannan, K., and Rees Ulmer, J. (2013) "The Association Between the Disclosure and the Realization of Information Security Risk Factors", Information Systems Research, 24 (2):201-218.
- Rees, J. and Allen, J. P. (2008) "The State of Risk Assessment Practices in Information Security: An Exploratory Investigation", Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, 18 (4):255-277.
- Altinkemer, K., Rees, J. and Sridhar, S. (2008) "Vulnerabilities and Risk Management of Open Source Software: An Empirical Study", Journal of Information Systems Security, 4 (2):3-25.
- Bandyopdhyay, S., Rees, J. and Barron, J. (2008) "Reverse Auctions with Multiple Reinforcement Learning Agents", Decision Sciences, 39 (1):33-63.
- Kannan, K., Rees, J., and Sridhar, S. (2007) "Market Reactions to Information Security Breach Announcements: Insights and Recommendations", International Journal of Electronic Commerce, 12 (1):69-91.
- Choobineh, J., Dhillon, G., Grimaila, M. R., and Rees, J. (2007) "Management Information Security: Challenges and Research Directions", Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 20:Article 5.
- Shen, W. Hu, Y. and Rees Ulmer, J. "Competing for Attention: An Empirical Study of Online Reviewers' Strategic Behaviors", MIS Quarterly,
- Yeo, L.M., Rolland, E., Rees Ulmer, J., and Patterson, R. (2014) "Risk Mitigation Decisions for IT Security", ACM Transactions on MIS, 5 (1):Article 5.
- Hashim, M., Kannan, K., Maximiano, S., and Rees Ulmer, J. (2013) "Digital Piracy, Teens, and the Source of Advice: An Experimental Study", Journal of Management Information Systems,
- Kwon, J., Rees Ulmer, J., and Wang, T. (2013) "The Association between Top Management Involvement and Compensation and Security Breaches", Journal of Information Systems, 27 (1):219-236.
- Wang, T., Kannan, K., and Rees Ulmer, J. (2013) "The Textual Contents of Media Reports of Information Security Breaches and Profitable Short-Term Investment Opportunities", Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, 23 (3):200-223.
Work in process
- Yeo, L., Patterson, R., Rees Ulmer, J., Rolland, E. "Innovation or Security? How Customer Demand Reactions Impact Innovation",