Jackie Rees Ulmer
Title: Union Pacific Professor of Information Systems and Associate Dean for Professional Masters Programs / Professor of Information Systems and Business Analytics
Department: Administration / Information Systems and Business Analytics
Office: 2205 Gerdin Business Building
Phone number: (515) 294-6232
- PhD, Decision and Information Sciences, University of Florida, 1998
- BSBA, Decision and Information Sciences, University of Florida, 1992
- Information Security
- Machine Learning
- Text Mining
- Genetic Algorithms
AwardsUnion Pacific Professor of Information Systems 2016Best Paper Award ASTIN/AFIR-ERM Colloquium 2017Notable Contributions to the Literature Award for "The Association Between the Disclosure and the Realization of Information Security Risk Factors," American Accounting Association - Accounting Information Systems Section 2018
- Wang, T. Kannan, K., and Rees Ulmer, J. (2013) "The Association Between the Disclosure and the Realization of Information Security Risk Factors", Information Systems Research, 24 (2):201-218.
- Rees, J. and Allen, J. P. (2008) "The State of Risk Assessment Practices in Information Security: An Exploratory Investigation", Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, 18 (4):255-277.
- Altinkemer, K., Rees, J. and Sridhar, S. (2008) "Vulnerabilities and Risk Management of Open Source Software: An Empirical Study", Journal of Information Systems Security, 4 (2):3-25.
- Bandyopdhyay, S., Rees, J. and Barron, J. (2008) "Reverse Auctions with Multiple Reinforcement Learning Agents", Decision Sciences, 39 (1):33-63.
- Kannan, K., Rees, J., and Sridhar, S. (2007) "Market Reactions to Information Security Breach Announcements: Insights and Recommendations", International Journal of Electronic Commerce, 12 (1):69-91.
- Choobineh, J., Dhillon, G., Grimaila, M. R., and Rees, J. (2007) "Management Information Security: Challenges and Research Directions", Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 20:Article 5.
- Shen, W. Hu, Y. and Rees Ulmer, J. (2015) "Competing for Attention: An Empirical Study of Online Reviewers' Strategic Behaviors", MIS Quarterly,
- Yeo, L.M., Rolland, E., Rees Ulmer, J., and Patterson, R. (2014) "Risk Mitigation Decisions for IT Security", ACM Transactions on MIS, 5 (1):Article 5.
- Hashim, M., Kannan, K., Maximiano, S., and Rees Ulmer, J. (2013) "Digital Piracy, Teens, and the Source of Advice: An Experimental Study", Journal of Management Information Systems,
- Kwon, J., Rees Ulmer, J., and Wang, T. (2013) "The Association between Top Management Involvement and Compensation and Security Breaches", Journal of Information Systems, 27 (1):219-236.
- Wang, T., Kannan, K., and Rees Ulmer, J. (2013) "The Textual Contents of Media Reports of Information Security Breaches and Profitable Short-Term Investment Opportunities", Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, 23 (3):200-223.
Work in process
- Yeo, L., Patterson, R., Rees Ulmer, J., Rolland, E. "Innovation or Security? How Customer Demand Reactions Impact Innovation",