Zhu (Drew) Zhang
Title: Associate Professor / Dean’s Fellow in Information Systems and Business Analytics
Department: Information Systems and Business Analytics
Office: 3341 Gerdin Business Building
Phone number: (515) 294-7433
Professor Zhang is a passionate researcher, teacher, and practitioner in the areas of big data analytics and artificial intelligence. His intellectual aspiration is to discover valuable knowledge and intelligence from massive amount of data available in various structures, genres and streams. In particular, his research focuses on computational models for textual data and their applications in various domains (e.g., business and healthcare).
In teaching business analytics and data management related courses, he enjoys sharing with his students real-world experience from leading IT companies such as IBM, Microsoft, and Google.
- Zhang, Z. and Wetherbe, J. (2015-01-01) "Data Analytics Help Entrepreneurs Decide Where to Boldly Go", Entrepreneur and Innovation Exchange, Link to Paper
- Zhang, Z., Guo, C.+, and Goes, P. (2013-01-01) "Product Comparison Networks for Competitive Analysis of Online Word-Of-Mouth", ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, 3 (4):20. Link to Paper
- Zhang, Z., Li, X., and Chen Y. (2012-01-01) "Deciphering “Word”-of-Mouth in Social Media: Text-based Metrics of Consumer Reviews", ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, 3 (1):5.
- Abbasi, A.+, Zhang, Z., Zimbra, D., Chen, H., and Nunamaker, J. (2010-01-01) "Detecting Fake Websites: the Contribution of Statistical Learning Theory", MIS Quarterly, 34 (2)Link to Paper
- Gupta, A. and Zhang, Z. "Vector-Quantization-Based Neural Topic Modeling", ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology , Link to Paper
- Gupta, A. and Zhang, Z. "Swings and Roundabouts: Attention-Structure Interaction Effect in Deep Semantic Matching", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing, Link to Paper