At the Ivy College of Business, we’re very excited about our new undergraduate major in actuarial science. To raise awareness of the program and profession, we’re launching the Actuarial CYence Challenge, a competition for high school students.
Individuals or teams of students will work to solve a real-life actuarial/insurance problem. The math problem will challenge students and provide valuable insight into saving for retirement.
Please register for the challenge using the form below. The problem set and challenge rules will be sent to the email address you provide.
- Students can participate as individuals or in teams of up to four people.
- All registered participants who submit final results will receive a $500 scholarship to attend the Ivy College of Business at Iowa State University.
- The top 10 individuals/teams will receive an additional $500 scholarship. Teams will split the additional scholarship amongst all team members.
- Submit your final results to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2021.
- The winner will be announced during a virtual Actuarial CYence Day event on April 21, 2021.
- The Actuarial CYence Challenge is presented by the Ivy College of Business, with support from Principal Financial Group, Nationwide Insurance, and GuideOne Insurance.