Join us for the fourth annual Business Analytics Symposium at the Community Choice Credit Union Convention Center in downtown Des Moines. This is a must-attend event for professionals in the field of analytics who work in finance, insurance, retail, cybersecurity, health care, and manufacturing.
The Business Analytics Symposium is the premier analytics event in Iowa, with a great line up of speakers who are on the cutting edge of analytics. The 2019 symposium features breakout sessions across eight tracks:
Seth Stephens-Davidowitz has used the Internet to find groundbreaking insights into advertising, sports, sexuality, health, and many other aspects of 21st century life. His debut book Everybody Lies: Big Data, New Data, and What the Internet Can Tell Us About Who We Really Are summarizes this research, arguing that much of what we thought from traditional, offline data sources has been dead wrong. A breakout success, Everybody Lies was named an Economist Best Book of the Year, a PBS NewsHour Book of the Year, an Entrepreneur Top Business Book, and an Amazon Best Book of the Year in Business and Leadership. It’s also a New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller. The Economist describes it as “a whirlwind tour of the modern human psyche using search data as its guide.”
Stephens-Davidowitz is a contributing op-ed writer for The New York Times and a former visiting lecturer at The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, where he has developed a course about his research. He has a Ph.D. in economics from Harvard and a B.A. in philosophy, Phi Beta Kappa, from Stanford.
John Sileo’s identity was stolen and used to embezzle $300,000 from his clients. The exposure destroyed John’s career and consumed two years of his life as he fought to stay out of jail. Combining real-world experience with years of study, John became an award-winning author and leading expert on cyber security, identity theft and data privacy. John is CEO of The Sileo Group, a data security think tank that helps organizations protect the information that drives their profits. His body of work includes engagements with the Pentagon, USA Today, Visa, 60 Minutes, Homeland Security, Rachael Ray, Schwab and organizations of all sizes. John graduated with honors from Harvard University and spends his free time with his remarkable wife and two highly spirited daughters.
New for 2019
- A new Executive Track, designed to help executives leverage data and analytics to improve decision making and better lead their organizations. This track is designed for executives who do not have a background in analytics. Executive Track sold out! Wait list available.
- A new location at the Iowa Events Center with room for more participants.
- $79 for the symposium (choose your sessions on the day of the symposium)
- The registration fee includes a full day of sessions, continental breakfast, lunch, and a networking reception.
Continuing Professional Education
A total of 6.8 CPE credits in accounting will be available.
For More Information
- For questions regarding registration, please contact Registration Services at email@example.com or 515-294-6222.
- For questions about the symposium, please contact Suzanne Lyndon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-294-1504.