Economic Development Core Facility
- Pappajohn Center for Entrepreneurship
- Iowa Small Business Development Centers
The ISU Research Park is home to the state headquarters of the Iowa Small Business Development Centers and the ISU Pappajohn Center for Entrepreneurship, both of which are centered under the College of Business. The park is a 230-acre development with over 270,000 square feet of building space, located just south of the ISU campus in Ames.
Although the ISU Research Park is closely connected with the university, it operates independently, offering assistance and accessibility to many university and area connections, including facilities, expertise, technology, financing, recruiting, and more. The park strives to create an innovation community and provide an incubator for new and expanding businesses. It also assists young Iowa-based companies develop their potential and nurtures scientific and technological entrepreneurial ventures.
2501 North Loop Drive
Ames, Iowa 50010
Iowa Small Business Development Center – Suite 202
Pappajohn Center for Entrepreneurship – Suite 1615
Capital Square Building – Downtown Des Moines
The Iowa State University Part-time MBA Program meets in the evenings at the Capital Square Building conveniently located in downtown Des Moines. The ISU Central Area Extension office is also located in the same space within Capital Square.
Capital Square was built in 1984. Situated in the center of Locust Street, Walnut, and 5th Streets, it is connected to the downtown Des Moines skywalk system. Street parking is available on three sides and ramp parking is nearby.
Iowa State University
400 Locust Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
- #5 “Best College Town in America” (Best College Reviews, 2017)
- #3 “Best College Towns in the Country” (Business Insider, 2016)
- #3 “Healthiest City in the United States (24/7 Wall St., 2016)
- Iowa State named “Best College in Iowa” (MONEY, 2016)
- Named U.S. city with the lowest unemployment rate (Forbes, 2016)
- #4 “Best Small Cities for Making a Living” (MoneyGeek, 2016)
- #3 “Best Farmers’ Markets in Iowa” (Around Iowa, 2016)
- Iowa State ranked 5th “Most Beautiful College Campus in the World” (Buzzfeed, 2015)
- #1 “Best Towns in Iowa” (Niche Rankings, 2015)
- #8 “Best Cities in America to Get a Job” (Business Insider, 2015)