The graduate certificate in enterprise cybersecurity management will equip business professionals with basic concepts and techniques in cybersecurity and the management of information assets, including understanding cyber threat and choosing appropriate protections, enterprise cyber risk management, budgeting for cybersecurity, policies, procedures, human relations issues, and compliance and legal issues present in the modern organization.
The certificate is for working professionals as well as students enrolled in graduate programs. The certificate is available on campus in Ames and at Capital Square in Des Moines.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact the program director, Jim Davis, PhD.
To earn the enterprise cybersecurity management certificate, participants are required to take four approved courses (12 credits). Participants should work with Professor Davis to select courses prior to registration.
Students must maintain a grade average of 3.0 or higher. This graduate certificate may be earned either before, after, or concurrently with a master’s or doctoral degree. At least three credits may not be used to satisfy any other degree requirements.
Required core courses (6 credits)
- MIS 535 – Network and Security Management*
- MIS545x – Enterprise Cybersecurity Management
Sample elective courses (6 credits)
- ACCT 591 – Fraud Examination and Prevention
- INFAS 532 – Information Warfare)
- MIS 445 – Enterprise Systems and Architecture
- MIS 539 – Topics in Management Information Systems (e.g., cybersecurity analytics)
* Available online
Students are required to submit a Program of Study listing courses taken for the certificate.
To receive your certificate: Submit the Certificate Completion form after your course work is complete or during the term of your last course.
Admission to the enterprise cybersecurity management graduate certificate program is contingent upon satisfying the following requirements:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Business, STEM or related field
- Post-undergraduate work experience of two or more years is preferred
- GPA of 3.0 or better is preferred
- TOEFL – 100; or IELTS – 7 (international applicants only)
GMAT/GRE scores are not required. You may take up to 9 credits as a non-degree seeking student, before being formally admitted into the program.
For eligibility questions, please contact the program director, Jim Davis, PhD.
How to Apply
Fill out the corresponding application from the options listed below. You will need your resume and unofficial transcripts.
For questions about the application process, please contact email@example.com.