Applying to the Ivy College of Business Masters Programs
Applications for all programs are accepted year-round. With the online application system you can save your work as you go and submit when you are ready. All supporting documents (essays, transcripts, letters, etc.) can be uploaded as you complete the online application. A fee will be required in order to submit the application. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Application Deadlines and Program Start Dates
The Full-Time MBA, Master of Business Analytics, and Master of Real Estate Development have a July 1 application deadline. All other programs have more than one application deadline through the year, contingent upon the desired start date.
The application deadlines are July 1 for fall, December 1 for spring, and April 1 for summer. International students are encouraged to apply at least 3-4 months prior to the start of the term when they wish to enroll.
|Master of Accounting||√||√||√|
|Master of Business Analytics||√|
|Master of Finance||√||√|
|Master of Real Estate Development||√|
|Master of Science in Information Systems||√||√|
All programs require an online application, resume, essays, references, transcripts, and test scores. Each program may have different requirements.
If you are looking at concurrent enrollment as an undergraduate Iowa State University student, please visit your specific concurrent program page for application information. Do not submit an online application.
- Online application
- A minimum of two years of professional work experience is required for the Master of Business Analytics and Master of Real Estate Development.
- A minimum of two years of professional work experience is strongly preferred for the Full-Time MBA and Professional MBA.
- Full-Time MBA and Professional MBA: MBA personal essay form
- Master of Accounting: MACC personal essay form
- Master of Finance: MFIN personal essay form
- Master of Business Analytics, Master of Real Estate Development, Master of Science in Information Systems: Statement of Purpose. One page maximum. Address your qualifications, work experience, and career aspirations.
- Contact information for two references. They will receive an email with directions on how to submit a letter of recommendation
- Transcripts from all completed degrees (waived for Iowa State University degrees)
- Test scores
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores are required for international applicants educated outside of the United States.
- GMAT or GRE
- Full-Time MBA – GMAT or GRE test scores are required for all applicants.
- Professional MBA – GMAT, GRE, or Executive Assessment (EA) test scores are required. The EA was designed specifically for experienced professionals; it requires modest preparation, takes only 90 minutes to complete, and includes flexible rescheduling options. Applicants who meet the academic and professional criteria to have the exam waived are welcome to submit a petition.
- Master of Accounting – May be waived for Ivy College of Business Accounting majors with a 3.25 GPA or better and all required accounting courses with grades B or better; contingent upon approval by DOGE. Required for all other applicants.
- Master of Finance – May be waived for Ivy College of Business Finance majors with a 3.25 GPA or better and all required finance courses with grades B or better; contingent upon approval by DOGE. Required for all other applicants.
- Master of Science in Information Systems – May be waived for Ivy College of Business Information Systems majors with a 3.25 GPA or better and all required information systems courses with grades B or better; contingent upon approval by DOGE. Required for all other applicants.
- Master of Business Analytics and Master of Real Estate Development – Not required.
Once the application is complete, it will be reviewed. You may be contacted to schedule an interview as part of the admissions process.
International applicants who will need an F-1 student visa or J-1 exchange visitor visa (Forms I-20 or DS-2019) are required to complete the International Graduate Financial Statement and upload it to their online application with the necessary bank documents.