The Debbie and Jerry Ivy College of Business offers an executive MBA program (Ivy EMBA) — the first in the Midwest to focus on food, agriculture, and biosystems. This program is perfect for up-and-coming executives working in the food, agriculture, and biosystems industries. Those who enroll will enjoy a flexible schedule while working towards career advancement and enhanced skills.
Classes are taught by internationally-known faculty at the college, and are under the leadership of Executive Director Sam DeMarie, associate professor of management.
Suku Radia, (’74 accounting), who recently retired as CEO of Bankers Trust, Iowa’s largest independently owned bank, serves as the Ivy EMBA executive-in-residence. He is instrumental in planning and leading a high-quality speaker series available to those enrolled, and also teaches some of the classes.
- Classes meet face-to-face every three weeks on Fridays and Saturdays in Des Moines (in-between classes there is a small amount of online course work)
- Courses are scripted with no electives so you know your full schedule the day you start and you go through the program with the same people for the full 21-months
- The curriculum follows a standard MBA program format and partners with ISU’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences to offer customized content and case studies for food, agriculture, and biosystems industries executives
- Tuition is all inclusive of books, speakers, social events, study trips, and meals.
- Two study trips are included in the program (the first is to Washington D.C. and the second is to an international destination heavily impacting the industry)
Return on investment
“There are many benefits of earning the Ivy EMBA, including potential career advancement and increased leadership skills, which provide an immediate impact. Companies also gain from having their employees complete the program,” said Raisbeck Endowed Dean David Spalding. “Lessons learned in the program do transfer throughout an organization as the graduate works with various teams.
Are you ready to advance your career? We are now accepting applications for the August 2019 cohort. Apply to the Ivy EMBA today, or contact us if you have questions email@example.com.