Concurrent MBA 3+2 Program in Engineering
Applications are still being accepted and financial support is available for Fall 2019 entry!
The Ivy College of Business offers a concurrent degree program that leads to a bachelor’s degree and the Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree. This program is available to undergraduate students majoring in Aerospace, Agricultural, Biological Systems, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical, and Software Engineering. The concurrent MBA 3+2 program reduces the cost and traditional timeline of completing a graduate business degree.
The concurrent MBA 3+2 program is designed to be completed in five academic years or ten semesters.
In the first three years, students progress through the prescribed course requirements in their undergraduate major. The final two years are comprised of the upper-level undergraduate courses and graduate coursework in business, with up to twelve credits applied toward both degrees.
Careful planning between the students and their academic advisers is essential throughout the concurrent MBA program.
Admission to the concurrent MBA 3+2 program is competitive. Candidates are expected to demonstrate superior academic ability, strong leadership attributes, and clear career focus.
Admitted students will typically have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above and have scored 600 or higher on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or GRE equivalent.
Internship/co-op experiences and extracurricular/leadership activities are highly valued in the MBA candidate selection process. Students are not required to have additional coursework in business in preparing for the MBA.
Applying to the Program
Students interested in the concurrent MBA 3+2 program must apply to the MBA by July 1 of the summer following their junior year. The listed application materials are required and can be submitted by email to email@example.com.
- Application to pursue a concurrent graduate degree
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores
- Personal Essay Form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Complete sections 1 and 3, save the form, and send it to your recommenders. You must include the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address so your recommenders will know where to send the form once completed. Letter of recommendation forms should be submitted directly by recommenders, not applicants.
Once all required application materials have been submitted, you will be contacted within two weeks. If the admissions committee approves, an interview will be scheduled.
Admitted students are classified as graduate students when concurrent enrollment begins and are subsequently assessed graduate business tuition and fees.
Sample Study Plans
- Aerospace Engineering Study Plan
- Agricultural Engineering Study Plan
- Biological Systems Engineering Study Plan
- Chemical Engineering Study Plan
- Civil Engineering Study Plan
- Computer Engineering Study Plan
- Electrical Engineering Study Plan
- Industrial Engineering Study Plan
- Mechanical Engineering Study Plan
- Software Engineering Study Plan
If you have any questions about the concurrent MBA 3+2 program, please stop by the graduate business programs office located in 1360 Gerdin Business Building, email us at email@example.com, or call us at 515-294-8118.