Business Ambassadors | website
- Business Ambassadors are volunteers that assist in the recruitment of prospective students. Ambassadors are genuine about their experiences and provide a positive inside look to being a College of Business student.
Business Council | website
- The Business Council serves as a liaison group between the students and the faculty in the College of Business. It is involved in many activities, such as: Peer Advising for pre-business and professional students, representing the College of Business at Experience Iowa State Days, Destination Iowa State, Homecoming, Family Weekend, High School and Career Days, sponsors teacher/adviser of the year, and provides additional student support/student prospective on selected committees.
Collegiate Women in Business | website
- Collegiate Women in Business (CWIB) is a student organization designed to inspire, empower, and develop women pursuing a career in business. The group is open to all females in the College of Business (all majors welcome!).
ENACTUS | website
- ISU ENACTUS (formerly known as SIFE) is an international non-profit organization that works with leaders in business and higher education to mobilize university students to make a difference in their communities while developing the skills to become socially responsible business leaders.
Entrepreneur Club | website
- The ISU Entrepreneur Club (E-Club) exists to provide those students who wish to purpose their own business interests (at some point) a chance to learn more about entrepreneurial opportunities. The club meets twice per month, and its meetings are devoted to “real world” interactions with successful entrepreneurs and business people. The club is nationally affiliated with the Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization (CEO).
Gerdin Citizenship Program | website
- The Gerdin Citizenship Program (GCP) is a voluntary, self-paced certificate program aimed at increasing the involvement students in the College of Business by engaging them in activities meant to develop their knowledge and abilities in eight different areas: professionalism, leadership, public discourse, diversity, global awareness, ethics, civic responsibility and organizational commitment.
Global Business Club | website
- The Global Business Club promotes awareness of and participation in international business education activities that reinforce the importance of international business experience in the curriculum and careers of students.
Investment Group | website
- The Iowa State University Investment Group is a club that focuses on helping students of any major learn more about the investment world. This is accomplished through members diligently researching companies and through investing money from their generous donors into the stock market.
Multicultural Business Network | website
- The purpose of the Multicultural Business Network (MBN) is to provide a networking system among minority students in the business program. Members of the ISU academic community serve as mentors to students in the group. The organization offers resources to members through socials, business professional speakers, and ISU academic speakers.
Real Estate Investment Networking Club | website
- Real Estate Investment Networking Club (REIN) will be bringing in employers in commercial and residential real estate. Meetings will consist of the employer’s presentation with a few minutes up front of going over current real estate investment trends and market performance. Anyone interested in any type of real estate investment: commercial, corporate, or residential is welcome to come to join the club and network with employers.
Sales Club | website
- The Iowa State University Sales Club (ISUSC) is dedicated to the professional development of students interesting in pursuing a career in sales. By providing students with the opportunity to learn and network with leading professionals in the sales industry, the ISUSC strives to transform leaders of today in to professional sales men and women of tomorrow.
Sports Business Club | website
- The Iowa State Sports Business Club is dedicated to providing a platform for students to gain insight, experience, and opportunities in the field of sports business. Club members will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities that will include guest speakers from the sports world, visits to athletics oriented companies, and hands on activities that will give you a base for success in the world of Sports Business. Although this club primarily caters to business students, The Iowa State Sports Business Club will be an asset to any student interested in a sports related field.
Beta Alpha Psi | website is a national honor society and scholastic and professional accounting fraternity. Traditionally Beta Alpha Psi has been an honors accounting fraternity/organization, but recently the organization has implemented both Finance and MIS majors as well.
National Association of Black Accountants (NABA) | website aims to address the professional needs of its members and to build leaders that shape the future of the accounting and finance profession with an unfaltering commitment to inspire the same in their successors. They are dedicated to uniting accountants and other business professionals, as well as accounting and business students, who are committed to professional and academic excellence.
The Iowa State Finance Club | website is organized to provide both finance and non-finance major students interested in the field of finance, opportunities to learn more about finance and its related areas. This is accomplished through speaker presentations, field trips, meetings, and social interaction. They also provide opportunities for contact with the business community to further their career plans.
The ISU Microfinance Club | website aims to spread awareness of the social impact of microfinance to Iowa State University Students. They aim to educate others on the social responsibility aspect of finance as well as follow the growth of microfinance and micro-entrepreneurship in the U.S. and the developing world.
The Iowa State Management Club | website is an undergraduate and graduate student club that seeks to provide students with relevant knowledge in the field of management. The club has regularly scheduled meetings to bring in management professionals and offer networking opportunities with other students, faculty, and local companies. This club is meant for students who desire to pursue a career in management, but the insight gained from the club meetings will be helpful to students of any major.
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) | website is an undergraduate and graduate student club that seeks to learn more about human resource management and industrial relations. The club has regularly scheduled meetings for educational, networking, and social purposes. Guest speakers from the greater Des Moines area provide practitioner insights.
Management Information Systems
The MIS Club | website the largest student organization in the College of Business, brings together those students interested in sharing contemporary issues in information systems management. The club is focused on careers in information systems, networking with professionals in the field, and using and developing current technologies.
The American Marketing Association (AMA) | website is an international organization, consisting of professional and collegiate chapters. The ISU Marketing Club (the ISU chapter of the AMA) promotes awareness in the marketing field. Monthly meetings enable student members to learn about different areas of marketing from guest speakers.
Supply Chain Management
The Iowa State University Supply Chain Management Club/APICS | website is composed of business students who have an interest in activities related to careers in the transportation and logistics fields extending beyond their classroom studies.
Alpha Kappa Psi
Alpha Kappa Psi is a professional business fraternity that promotes professional activities and also features social events. Alpha Kappa Psi chapters conduct programs with speakers from the business world, field trips to industries and community service projects.
Beta Alpha Psi and Accounting Student Network | website
Beta Alpha Psi is a national honor society and scholastic and professional accounting fraternity. Traditionally Beta Alpha Psi has been an honors accounting fraternity/organization, but recently the organization has implemented both Finance and MIS majors as well.
Delta Sigma Pi | website
Delta Sigma Pi is a professional fraternity organized to foster the study of business in universities; to encourage scholarship, social activity, and the association of students for mutual advancement by research and practice; to promote a closer affiliation between the commercial world and the students of commerce; and to further a higher standard of commercial ethics and culture and the civic and commercial welfare of the community.
Beta Gamma Sigma | website
The mission of Beta Gamma Sigma is to encourage and honor academic achievements in the study of business, personal, and professional excellence in the practice of business. Students from the top 10% of the junior class, the top 10% of the senior class, and the top 20% of the masters degree candidates are invited to the initiation ceremony held each spring. The $75 fee covers lifetime membership.
The Iowa State University MBA Association (MBAA) is an organization to help students thrive and have fun throughout the MBA program. They organize activities and sponsor events such as presentations by local and national leaders in business, regular field trips to corporations of interest to their members, and social get-togethers including parties and picnics.