Iowa State University policies:
- Iowa State will accept up to 16 semester (24 quarter) hours of credit earned in vocational-technical courses when the sending community college has accepted such courses toward granting an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree.
- No more than 65 semester credits earned at two-year colleges can be applied to a bachelor’s degree from Iowa State University.
- A student’s last 32 semester credits must be completed at Iowa State University.
College of Business policies:
- All new entering students are enrolled in a pre-business curriculum. To enter the Professional Program and declare a Business major, students must complete the following:
- All Foundation Courses and English through ENGL 150 (including any ENGL 101 requirements);
- completion of 30 credits;
- a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the foundation courses (using transfer grades) or in the cumulative Iowa State GPA.
- The College of Business does not include 300-level courses transferred from two-year institutions in the 42 credits of 300+ level needed to graduate from Iowa State.
- The College of Business only allows a grade of Pass/Not Pass (P/NP) in non-business general electives.
- Some general education requirements are waived for students completing an Associate of Arts (AA) degree. See “Articulation/Transfer Agreements”: http://catalog.iastate.edu/ .
- Iowa State University College of Business will accept Associate of Arts (AA) degrees to cover most general education courses. (This does not include the University requirements for 3 credits of International Perspectives and 3 credits of US Diversity.)
- Students will be required to take business communication, ethics/moral reasoning, a global perspectives course and possibly library instruction to complete the general education requirements.
- Students will not be admitted into the professional program for their major until they complete the foundation courses.
- AA degrees must be from an Iowa community college, include 60 prescribed (90 quarter) credits acceptable for transfer and student must achieve a 2.0 cumulative grade point average.
- The complete list of all General Education courses for Business majors available at Iowa State can be found here: http://www.ivybusiness.iastate.edu/undergraduate/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2016/07/GenEd2016.pdf
- For questions or clarification, contact the Iowa State College of Business, Undergraduate Programs at (515) 294-8300.