Across the Ivy College of Business, it’s our goal to strengthen student communication skills and enhance critical thinking by offering opportunities for you to practice writing and speaking skills throughout your academic career. Representatives from the Writing and Speaking Center are available to enhance your written, oral, and visual communication skills.
The Writing and Speaking Center staff is prepared to help you through in-person appointments and the following online resources:
- Writing samples: See examples of a professional memo, business letter, and email.
- Communication lessons: Learn new skills in communications from creating strong PowerPoint presentations to effective memos.
- Language links: Explore grammar as well as cultural idioms and topics of American English.
- Ivy insights: Hear about student success from Ivy faculty and staff.
Need one-on-one assistance with a class assignment that requires communication skills? We are here to help! Whether it’s writing a business memo or creating a PowerPoint presentation, our communication coaches are at your service. Contact us for any of the following:
- Personalized coaching for individuals and teams to improve business communication skills
- Developing English grammar, vocabulary, and syntax for non-native English speakers
- Consulting on grammar, writing style, document design, etc.
- Creating storyboard presentations to make engaging data visualization with PowerPoint or Prezi
- Individualized public speaking feedback for delivery, content, and visuals
- Help with interviews and CVs for acad