Title: Director of Facilities / Associate Professor of Supply Chain Management
Department: Administration / Supply Chain Management
Office: 3133 Gerdin Business Building
Phone number: (515) 294-0629
- PhD, Operations Management, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1998
- MBA, Operations Management, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1991
- BS, Business Administration, Moorhead State University, 1989
- Diploma, Diesel Mechanics, North Dakota State School of Science - Wahpeton, 1979
Academic Work ExperienceDirector of FacilitiesIowa State University2017 -Associate ProfessorIowa State University2004 -Associate Dean for Undergraduate ProgramsIowa State University2012 - 2017Interim Associate Dean for Undergraduate ProgramsIowa State University2010 - 2012
Professional Work ExperienceDiesel TechnicianFargo Implement Co., Division of Deere and Co.1979 - 1986Owner/Operator of Dan's Service and RepairFargo, North Dakota1983 - 1989Office/Clerical AssistantFargo Implement Co., Division of Deere and Co.1986 - 1987
- Quick Response Manufacturing
- Cellular Manufacturing
- Process Analysis and Improvement
- Lean Manufacturing
- Johnson, D. J. (2011) "Teaching Brief: Using Paper Helicopters to Teach Statistical Process Control", Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, 9 (2):299-306.
- Hua, S. Y. and D. J. Johnson (2010) "Research Issues on Factors Influencing the Choice of Kitting Versus Line Stocking", International Journal of Production Research, 48 (3):779-800.
- Blackhurst, J. V., K. P. Scheibe, and D. J. Johnson (2008) "Supplier Risk Assessment and Monitoring for the Automotive Industry", International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 38 (2):143-165.
- Johnson, D. J. (2005) "Converting Assembly Lines to Assembly Cells at Sheet Metal Products: Insights on Performance Improvements", International Journal of Production Research, 43 (7):1483-1509.
- Johnson, D. J. (2003) "A Framework for Reducing Manufacturing Throughput Time", Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 22 (4):283-298.
- Johnson, D. J. and U. Wemmerlov (2004) "Why Does Cell Implementation Stop? Factors Influencing Cell Penetration in Manufacturing Plants", Production and Operations Management Journal, 13 (3):272-289.
- Johnson, D. J. (2002) "A Spreadsheet Method for Calculating Work Completion Time Probability Distributions of Paced or Linked Assembly Lines", International Journal of Production Research, 40 (5):1131-1153.
- Werbel, J. D. and D. J. Johnson (2001) "The Use of Person-Group fit for Employment Selection: A Missing Link in Person-Environment Fit", Human Resource Management, 40 (3):227-240.
- Wemmerlov, U. and D. J. Johnson (2000) "Empirical Findings on Manufacturing Cell Design", International Journal of Production Research, 38 (3):481-507.
- Wemmerlov, U. and D. J. Johnson (1997) "Cellular Manufacturing at 46 User Plants: Implementation Experiences and Performance Improvements", International Journal of Production Research, 35 (1):29-49.
- Johnson, D. J. and U. Wemmerlov (1996) "On the Relative Performance of Functional and Cellular Layouts - An Analysis of the Model-Based Comparative Studies Literature", Production and Operations Management Journal, 5 (4):309-334.