Title: Pioneer Hi-Bred International Chair of Agribusiness / Professor of Finance
Office: 3375 Gerdin Business Building
Phone number: (515) 294-6185
- MS, Agricultural Economics, University of California- Berkeley, 1982
- PhD, Agricultural Economics - International Trade, University of California- Berkeley, 1986
- BSc, Agricultural Economics, University College Dublin, Ireland, 1981
- Agricultural Markets and Trade
- Keri L Jacobs, Ziran Li, Dermot Hayes (2018) "Reference-Dependent Hedging: Theory and Evidence from Iowa Corn Producers", American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
- J Dumortier, N Kauffman, DJ Hayes (2017) "Production and spatial distribution of switchgrass and miscanthus in the United States under uncertainty and sunk cost", Energy Economics, 67:300-314.
- Chao Li, Dermot J Hayes (2017) "Price Discovery on the International Soybean Futures Markets: A Threshold Co‐Integration Approach", Journal of Futures Markets, 37 (1):52=70.
- Xiaoguang Feng, Dermot Hayes, (2016) " Diversifying systemic risk in agriculture", Agricultural Finance Review, 76 (4):512=531.
- Stephen Smith, Sergio Lence, Dermot Hayes, Julian Alston, Eloy Corona (2016) "Elements of Intellectual Property Protection in Plant Breeding and Biotechnology: Interactions and Outcomes", Crop Science, 56 (4)