Title: Assistant Professor
Department: Supply Chain Management
Office: 3363 Gerdin Business Building
Phone number: (515) 294-2484
- PhD, Supply Chain Management, Chalmers University of Technology, 2012
- MSc, Applied informatics, Chalmers University of Technology, 2006
Academic Work ExperienceAssociate ProfessorLund University2012 - 2018Guest ProfessorWest Virginia University2017 - 2017Visiting professorVienna School of Economics2015 - 2017
Professional Work ExperienceOwner and consultantSternberg Consulting AB2006 - 2016ConsultantCambridge Technology Partners2001 - 2003
AwardsBest doctoral dissertation, International Cargo Handling Association (ICHCA) 2012LRN Best paper award 2016
Professional Licenses and CertificationsSAP ERPSim
- Sternberg, H. & M. Denizel (2020) "Towards the Physical Internet – logistics service modularity and design implications", Journal of Business Logistics, Forthcoming
- Collignon, S. & H. Sternberg (2020) "Adoption of multiple electronic marketplaces: Antecedents from a grounded theory study", Journal of Business Logistics, Fort (Forthcoming):1-24.
- Sternberg, H., Hofmann, E. & Roeck, D. (2020) "The Struggle is Real:Adoption Insights from a Supply Chain Blockchain Case", Journal of Business Logistics,
- Sternberg, H., Hofmann, E. & Overstreet, R. (2020) "Perils of road freight market deregulation: Cabotage in the European Union"", International Journal of Logistics Management, Forthcoming
- Roeck, D., Sternberg, H. & Hofmann E. (2020) "Chains in chains: A transaction cost perspective", International Journal of Production Research, Forthcoming
- Palsson, H. & Sternberg, H. (2018) "LRN 2016 SPECIAL - high capacity vehicles and modal shift from rail to road: combining macro and micro analyses", International Journal of Logistics: Research and Applications, 21 (2):115-132.
- Sternberg, H. & Lantz, B. (2018) "Using crowdsourced data to analyze transport crime", International Journal of Logistics: Research and Applications, 21 (2):133-147. Link to Paper
- Sternberg, H. & Norrman, A. (2017) "The Physical Internet - Review, analysis and future research agenda", International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 47 (8):736-762.
- Nilsson, F., Sternberg, H. & Klaas-Wissing, T. (2017) "Who controls carbon emissions from transport and who cares? : Investigating the monitoring of environmental sustainability from a logistics service providers perspective", International Journal of Logistics Management, 28 (3):798-220.
- Sternberg, H. & Harispuru, L. (2017) "Identifying root causes of inefficiencies in road haulage: case studies from Sweden, Switzerland and Germany", International Journal of Logistics: Research and Application, 20 (1):73-83.
- Prockl, G. & Sternberg, H. (2015) "Counting the minutes: Measuring truck driver time efficiency", Transportation Journal, 54 (2):275-287.
- Olhager, J., Pashei, S. & Sternberg, H. (2015) "Design of global production and distribution networks: A literature review and research agenda", International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 45 (2):138-158.
- Sternberg, H & Andersson, M. (2014) "Decentralized intelligence in freight transport - A critical review", Computers in Industry, 65 (2):303-321.
- Sternberg, H., Prockl, G. & Holmstrom, J. (2014) "The efficiency potential of ICT in haulier operations", Computers in Industry, 65 (8):1161-1168.
- Sternberg, H., Germann, T. & Klaas-Wissing, T. (2013) "Who controls the fleet? Initial insights into the efficiency of road freight transport planning and control from an industrial network perspective", International Journal of Logistics: Research and Applications, 16 (6):493-505.
- Sternberg, H., Nyquist, C. & Nilsson, F. (2012) "Enhancing security through efficiency focus -Insights from a multiple stakeholder pilot implementation", Journal of Business Logistics, 33 (1):63-72.