Title: Associate Professor of Marketing / Dean's Fellowship in Marketing
Office: 3361 Gerdin Business Building
Phone number: (515) 294-7450
- PhD, Marketing, Indiana Univeristy, 2006
- BS, Business Administration, Fudan University, 1998
- Information processing and judgments
- Construal Level
- Social perceptions
- Xiaojing Yang, Huifang Mao, Lei Jia, and Melissa Bublitz "A Sweet Romance: Divergent Effects of Romantic Stimuli on the Consumption of Sweets", Journal of Consumer Research ,
- Ze Wang, Huifang Mao, Yexin Jessica Li, and Fan Liu (2017) "Smile Big or Not? Effects of Smile Intensity on Perceptions of Warmth and Competence", Journal of Consumer Research, 43 (5):787-805.
- Xiaojing Yang, Huifang Mao, and Laura A. Peracchio (2012) "It's Not Whether You Win or Lose, It's How You Play the Game? The Role of Process and Outcome in Experience Consumption", Journal of Marketing Research, 49 (6):954-966.
- Amit Joshi and Huifang Mao (2012) "Adapting to Succeed? Leveraging the Brand Equity of Best Sellers to Succeed at the Box Office", Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 40 (4):558-571.
- Xiaojing Yang, Tortsen Ringberg, Huifang Mao, and Laura A. Peracchio (2011) "The Construal (In)compatibility Effect: The Moderating Role of a Creative Mindset", Journal of Consumer Research, 38:279-292.
- Huifang Mao, Xueming Luo, and Shailendra Pratap Jain (2009) "Consumer Responses to Brand Elimination: An Attributional Perspective", Journal of Consumer Psychology, 19 (3):280-289.
- Shailendra Pratap Jain, Kalpesh Desai, and Huifang Mao (2007) "The Influence of Chronic and Situational Self-Construal on Categorization", Journal of Consumer Research, 34 (1):66-76.
- Huifang Mao and H. Shanker Krishnan (2006) "Effects of Prototype and Exemplar Fit on Brand Extension Evaluations: A Two-Process Contingency Model", Journal of Consumer Research, 33 (1):41-49.