Title: Associate Professor
Department: Management and Entrepreneurship
Office: 3317 Gerdin Business Building
Phone number: (515)294-7208
- PhD, Management (Organizational Behavior), Michigan State University, 2014
- MBA, Supply Chain Management, Michigan State University, 2004
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 2002
- Howe, M. (2019) "General mental ability and goal type as antecedents of recurrent adaptive task performance.", Journal of Applied Psychology,
- Matusik, J. G., Heidl, R., Hollenbeck, J. R., Yu, A., Lee, H. W., and Howe, M. (2019) "Wearable Bluetooth sensors for capturing relational variables and temporal variability in relationships: A construct validation study", Journal of Applied Psychology,
- Summers, J. K., Howe, M., McElroy, J. C., Buckley, M. R., Pahng, P., and Cortes-Mejia, S. (2018) "A typology of stigma within organizations: Access and treatment effects", Journal of Organizational Behavior, 39 (7):853-868.
- Wilson, K. S., DeRue, D. S., Matta, F. K., Howe, M., and Conlon, D. E. (2017) "Personality similarity in negotiations: Testing the dyadic effects of similarity in interpersonal traits and the use of emotional displays on negotiation outcomes", Journal of Applied Psychology,
- Chaffin, D., Heidl, R., Hollenbeck, J. R., Howe, M., Yu, A., Voorhees, C., and Calantone, R. (2017) "The promise and perils of wearable sensors in organizational research", Organizational Research Methods, 20:3-31.
- Koopman, J., Howe, M., Hollenbeck, J. R., and Sin, H. P. (2015) "Small sample mediation testing: Misplaced confidence in bootstrapped confidence intervals", Journal of Applied Psychology, 100:194-202.
- Johnson, R. E., Howe, M., and Chang, C-H. (2013) "The importance of velocity, or why speed may matter more than distance", Organizational Psychology Review, 3:62-85.
- Koopman, J., Howe, M., Johnson, R. E., Tan, J. A., and Chang, C-H. (2013) "A framework for developing word fragment completion tasks", Human Resource Management Review, 23:242-253.
- Uhlmann, E. L., Leavitt, K., Menges, J. I., Koopman, J., Howe, M., and Johnson, R. E. (2012) "Getting explicit about the implicit: A taxonomy of implicit measures and guide for their use in organizational research", Organizational Research Methods, 15:553-601.