Title: Associate Professor
Department: Information Systems and Business Analytics
Office: 2139 Gerdin Business Building
Phone number: (515) 294-0708
- Ph.D, Management, Texas A&M University, 1991
- Masters, Computer Science, Texas A&M University, 1983
- Bachelors, Architectural Studies, University of Arkansas, 1981
AwardsMED (Management Education and Development) Division's Best Professional Development Workshop Award 2019
- Peterson, T.O., Beard, J.W., & Van Fleet, D.D. (2012) "The Impact of Situational factors on Information Systems (IS) Managerial Leader Behaviors: What Information System Employees Want", Journal of Business & Leadership, 8:54-68.
- Brooks, J.M., Carroll, J.S., & Beard, J.W. (2011) "Dueling Stakeholders and Dual-Hatted Systems Engineers: Challenges, Capabilities, and Skills in Government Infrastructure Technology Projects", IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 58 (3):589-601.
- Beard, J.W., keck, B., & Peterson, T.O. (2005) "When Success Results in Failure: The Challenge of Extending the IT Infrastructure to Support Organ Procurement and transplantation", Communications of the Association of Information Systems, 16:517-538.
- Peterson, T.O. & Beard, J.W. (2004) "Workspace Technology's Impact on Individual Privacy and Team Interaction", Team Performance Management: An International Journal, 10 (7/8):163-172.
- Beard, J.W. & Sumner, M. (2004) "Seeking Strategic Advantage in the Post-Net Era: Viewing ERP from the Resource-Based Perspective", Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 13 (2):129-150.
Papers Under Review
- Beard, J.W. (with Peterson, T.O. & Peterson, C.M.) "What You Need to Know to Be A Scholarly Teacher",