Title: Ruan Chair in Transportation & Logistics / Professor of Supply Chain Management
Department: Supply Chain Management
Office: 3220 Gerdin Business Building
Phone number: (515) 294-8105
- DBA, Transportation with supportive fields of Economics and Management, Indiana University, 1983
- MBA, School of Business, Indiana University, 1978
- BS, Transportation, Indiana University, 1975
- Freight Transportation Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Carrier Management
- Truck Driver Issues
AwardsNational Defense Transportation Association's Foundation Memorial Medal for Literary Merit, 1986 1986Outstanding Faculty Member Award, College of Business Administration, 1988 1988Fulbright Scholar in Transportation Economics, Central School of Planning and Statistics, Warsaw, Poland, 1988-89. (University now known as Warsaw School of Economics) 1989College of Business Nominee for University Mid-Career Research Achievement Award 1992College of Business Nominee for University Mid-Career Research Achievement Award 1995Teaching Effectiveness Award, College of Business, 1996 1996Faculty Citation, Iowa State University Alumni Association, 1997 1997Research Award, College of Business, 1998 1998Undergraduate Teaching Award, College of Business 2003Undergraduate Teaching Award, College of Business 2005Iowa State University Alumni Association Award for Superior Service to Alumni, 2007 2007Paper of the Year Award, College of Business Administration, 1986 1986Amoco Foundation Outstanding Teacher Award, Iowa State University, 1985. (One of four university faculty honored that year.) 1985
- Cantor, D., Blackhurst, J., Pan, M. and Crum, M. (2014) "Examining the Role of Stakeholder Pressure and Knowledge Management on Supply Chain Risk and Demand Responsiveness", International Journal of Logistics Management, 25 (1):202-223.
- Cantor, D., Macdonald J., and Crum, M. (2011) "Commercial Driver Retention: The Influence of Workplace Justice Perceptions", Journal of Business Logistics, 32 (3):274-286.
- Martens, B., Crum, M. and Poist, R. (2011) "Examining Antecedents to Supply Chain Security Effectiveness: An Exploratory Study", Journal of Business Logistics, 32 (2):153-166.
- Suzuki, Y., Crum, M. and Pautsch, G. (2009) "Predicting Truck Driver Turnover", Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 45 (4):538-550.