Title: Associate Professor of Supply Chain Management
Department: Supply Chain Management
Office: 4576 Memorial Union
Phone number: (515) 294-8372
- PhD, Operations Managementt, University of Florida, 1993
- Master of Science, Industrial Engineering, Middle East Technical University, 1986
- BSc, Industrial Engineering, Middle East Technical University, 1983
- Process Analysis and Control
- Product Recovery Systems
- Supply Chain Management
AwardsFulbright Senior Research Scholarship 20072008 Wickham Skinner Best Unpublished Paper Award First Prize 2008
- Solyali O., M. Denizel, and H. Sural, (2015) "Effective Network Formulations for Lot Sizing with Backlogging in Two-Level Serial Supply Chains", IIE Transactions, 47:1-13.
- Mehmet Ali Soytas, Meltem Denizel, Damla Durak Usar (2019) "Addressing endogeneity in the causal relationship between sustainability and financial performance", International Journal of Production Economics, Link to Paper
- Ozdemir, O., M. Denizel, and M. Ferguson (2014) "Allocation of Returned Products among Different Recovery Options through an Opportunity Cost based Dynamic Approach", Decision Sciences, 45 (6):1083-1116.
- Denizel, M., M. Ferguson, and B. Toktay (2013) "Incorporating Sustainability into Humanitarian Aid Operations: Recipient Selection in Donations of Medical Supplies", Operations Management Education Review, (7):49-78.
- Ozdemir O., M. Denizel, D. Guide (2012) "Recovery Decisions of a Producer in a Legislative Disposal Fee Environment", European Journal of Operational Research, 216 (2):293-300.
- Kosedag, A., M. Denizel, and O. Ozdemir (2011) "Testing for convergence in bank efficiency: a cross-country analysis,", The Service Industries Journal, 31 (9):1533-1547.
- Sural H., O. Solyali, M. Denizel (2010) "The one-warehouse multi-retailer problem with an order-up-to level inventory policy", Naval Research Logistics, 57 (7):653-666.
- Denizel, M., M. Ferguson, and G. Souza (2010) "Multi-Period Remanufacturing Planning with Uncertain Quality of Inputs", IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 57 (3):394-404.
- Sural H., M. Denizel, and L.V. Wassenhove (2009) "Lagrangean Relaxation Based Heuristics for Lot-sizing with Setup Times", European Journal of Operational Research, 194 (1):51-63.
- Denizel, M., F. T. Altekin, H. Sural, and H. Stadtler (2008) "Equivalence of the LP Relaxations of Two Strong Formulations for the Capacitated Lot-Sizing Problem with Setup Times", OR Spectrum, 30 (4):773-785.
- Batislam, E., M. Denizel, and A, Filiztekin (2007) "Empirical Validation and Comparison of Models for Customer Base Analysis", International Journal of Research in Marketing, 24 (3):201-209.
- Denizel, M., U. Ekinci, G. Ozyurt, D. Turhan (2007) "Ford-Otosan Optimizes Its Stocks Using a Six-Sigma Framework", Interfaces, 37 (2):97-107.
- Denizel, M., H. Sural (2006) "On Alternative Mixed Integer Formulations and LP-based Heuristics for Lot-sizing with Setup Times", Journal of Operational Research Society, 57:389-399.
- Denizel, M., B. Usdiken, and D. Tuncalp (2003) "Drift or Shift? Continuity, Change and International Variation in Knowledge Production in OR/MS", Operations Research, 51 (5):711-720.
- Denizel, M., (2003) "Minimization of Number of Tool Magazine Setups on Automated Machines: A Lagrangean Decomposition Approach", Operations Research, 51 (2):309-320.
- Denizel, M. and S. Sayin (1998) "Part-type Selection in Flexible Manufacturing Systems: A Bicriteria Approach with Due Dates ", Journal of Operational Research Society, 49:659-669.
- Denizel, M. and S. S. Erenguc (1997) "Exact Solution Procedures for a Class of Production Planning Problems in Flexible Manufacturing Systems", Computers and Operations Research, 24 (11):1043-1055.
- Denizel, M., S. S. Erenguc, and H. Benson (1997) "Dynamic Lot-Sizing with Setup Cost Reduction ", European Journal of Operational Research, 100:537-549.
- Denizel, M., S. S. Erenguc, and H. D. Sherali (1996) "Convex Envelope Results and Strong Formulations for a Class of Mixed Integer Programs", Naval Research Logistics, , 43 (4):503-518.
- Denizel, M., and S. S. Erenguc (1993) "A Branch and Bound Procedure for Setup Problems in Flexible Manufacturing Systems", Production and Operations Management , 2 (4):289-305.
- Denizel, M., and S. S. Erenguc (1993) "A Polynomial Algorithm for a Multi-item Capacitated Production Planning Problem", Operations Research Letters, 13 (5):287-293.
Papers Under Review
- Soytas M. A., M. Denizel, D., Usar "Addressing Endogeneity in the Causal Relationship between Sustainability and Financial Performance",
- Yanikoglu I., Denizel, M. "The Value of Quality Grading in Remanufacturing under Quality Level Uncertainty",
- Damla Durak Usar, Meltem Denizel, Mehmet A Soytaş "Corporate Sustainability Interactions: A game theoretical approach to sustainability actions Corresponding ",
- Henrik Stenberg, Meltem Denizel "Towards the Physical Internet – logistics service modularity and design implications",
- Soytas., M.A. Usar, D.,D., Denizel M. "Estimation of the Static Corporate Sustainability Interactions Model",
Work in process
- Mehmet A. Soytas, Damla Durak-Usar, Meltem Denizel "Estimation of the Static Corporate Sustainability Interactions Model",
- Meltem Denizel "Revisiting the Zero-Inventory Rule in Remanufacturing",
- Zhuang, Y., Denizel, M. "A Data Envelopment Analysis Approach to Evaluate a Firm’s CSR Efficiency",
- Suzuki, Y., M. Denizel, C. Anderson "Consideration of Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) Credits in Biofuel Supply Chains",