Marc H. Anderson
Title: Dean's Faculty Fellow in Management / Associate Professor of Management
Office: 3113 Gerdin Business Building
Phone number: (515) 520-2217
- PhD, Strategic Management and Organization: Concentrations in Social Psychology and Research Methods, University of Minnesota, 2002
- MBA, Emphasis in Organizational Behavior , University of Michigan, 1993
- BS, Economics and Industrial Management, Carnegie Mellon, 1991
- Social Networks
- Organizational Behavior
- Theory Development
- Philosophy of Science
- Marc H. Anderson and Peter Y. T. Sun (2017) "Reviewing leadership styles: Overlaps and the need for a new 'full-range' theory", International Journal of Management Reviews, 19:76-96.
- Ruolian Fang, Blaine Landis, Zhen Zhang, Marc H. Anderson, Jason D. Shaw, & Martin Kilduff (2015) "Integrating Personality and Social Networks: A Meta-Analysis of Personality, Network Position, and Work Outcomes in Organizations", Organization Science, 26 (4):1243-1260.
- Marc H. Anderson and Peter Y. T. Sun (2015) "The downside of transformational leadership when encouraging followers to network", The Leadership Quarterly, 26 (5):790-801.
- Sun, P. Y. T., & Anderson, M. H. (2012) "Civic capacity: Building on transformational leadership to explain successful integrative public leadership", Leadership Quarterly, 23 (3):309-323.
- Albert, S., & Anderson, M. H. (2010) "Conceptual translation: A meta-theoretical program for the construction, critique, and integration of theory", Journal of Management Inquiry, 19 (1):34-46.
- Anderson, M. H. (2008) "Social networks and the cognitive motivation to realize network opportunities: A study of managers’ information gathering behaviors", Journal of Organizational Behavior, 29 (1):51-78.
- Anderson, M. H. (2006) "How can we know what we think until we see what we said?: A citation and citation context analysis of Karl Weick’s The Social Psychology of Organizing", Organization Studies, 27 (11):1675-1692.
- Bono, J. E., & Anderson, M. H. (2005) "The advice and influence networks of transformational leaders", Journal of Applied Psychology, 90 (6):1306-1314.