Title: Associate Professor
Office: 3234 Gerdin Business Building
Phone number: (515) 294-2746
- PhD, Accounting, University of Kansas, 2009
- Master , Accounting, Wuhan University, China, 2004
- Bachelor , Accounting, Wuhan University, China, 2000
- Management strategic disclosure
- Segment disclosure
- Auditing quality
- Aghazadeh, Sanaz, Sun, Lili, Wang, Qian and Yang, Rong (2018) "Investors’ Perception of CEO Overconfidence: Evidence from the Cost of Equity Capital.", Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting,
- Wang, Qian (2016) "Determinants of Segment Disclosure Deficiencies and the Effect of the SEC Comment Letter Process", Journal of Accounting and Public Policy , 35 (2):109-133.
- Jagan Krishnan, Chan Li and Qian Wang (2013) "Auditor Industry Expertise and Cost of Equity", Accounting Horizons, 27 (4):667-691.
- Gopal Krishnan, Lili Sun, Qian Wang and Rong Yang (2013) "Client Risk Management: A Pecking Order Analysis of Audit Reponse to Earnings Management Risk", Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory, 32 (2):147-169.
- with M. Ettredge, L. Sun and Y. Huang (2011) "Strategic Revelation of Differences in Segment Earnings Growth", Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, 30 (4):383-392.
- with M. Ettredge, K. Johnstone and M. Stone (2011) "The Effects of Firm Size, Corporate Governance Quality, and Bad News on Disclosure Compliance", Review of Accounting Studies , 16 (4):866-889.
- with C. Li and J. Lim (2007) " Internal and External Influences on IT Control Governance", International Journal of Accounting and Information Systems, 8 (4):225-239.
- Wang, Qian and Mike Ettredge (2015) "Discretionary Allocation of Corporate Income to Segments. ", Research in Accounting Regulation , 27 (1):1-13.
- Cannon, J., Ling, Z., Wang, Q and Watanabe, O. "Does 10-K Disclosure of Corporate Social Responsibility Activities Signal an Increase in Consumer Preference of Company’s Products? ", European Accounting Review,