Title: Gary and Margaret Pint Fellow and Chair, Department of Marketing / Associate Professor of Marketing
Department: Administration / Marketing
Office: 2351 Gerdin Business Building
Phone number: (515) 294-8463
- Ph.D., Marketing, The Ohio State University, 2002
- M.A., Business Administration, The Ohio State University, 2001
- M.B.A., Marketing, Bharathidasan Institute of Management, India, 1993
- B.E., Engineering in Electronics and Communication, Bharathiar University, India, 1990
- Brand Commitment
- Attitude Strength
- Food choice
- Advertising Effects
- Priyanka Jayashankar and Sekar Raju (2020) "Factors affecting perceived food availability: Does social cohesion help increase favorable perceptions of food availability?", Journal of Business Research, 108:316-323.
- Nicole Montgomery Sekar Raju Kalpesh Desai H. Rao Unnava (2018) "When Good Consumers Turn Bad: Psychological Contract Breach in Committed Brand Relationships", Journal of Consumer Psychology, 28 (3):437-449.
- Sekar Raju (2017) "Positive and negative effects of affective and continuance brand commitment in a service context", Journal of Indian Business Research, 9 (2):133-148.
- Sekar Raju, Priyali Rajagopal, and Timothy Gilbride (2010) "Marketing Healthful Eating to Children: The Effectiveness of Incentives, Pledges and Competitions", Journal of Marketing, 74:93-106.
- Sekar Raju, H. Rao Unnava, and Nicole Votolato Montgomery (2009) "The Effect of Brand Commitment on the Evaluation of Non-Preferred Brands: A Disconfirmation Process", Journal of Consumer Research, 35:851-863.
- Rajagopal, Priyali, Sekar Raju, and H. Rao Unnava (2006) "Differences in the Cognitive Accessibility of Action and Inaction Regrets", Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 42:302-313.
- Raju, Sekar and H. Rao Unnava (2006) "The Role of Arousal in Commitment: An Explanation for the Amount of Counterarguments", Journal of Consumer Research, 33:173-178.