Title: Associate Professor of Accounting
Office: 3131 Gerdin Business Building
Phone number: (515) 294-6032
- PhD, Business Administration, Wayne State University, 2011
- MSA, Accounting, Wayne State University, 2006
- Capital market consequences of accounting information
- Corporate governance
- Ranjan D'Mello, Xinghua Gao, Yonghong Jia (2017) "Internal Controls and Internal Capital Allocation: Evidence from Internal Capital Market of Multi-segment Firms", Review of Accounting Studies , 22 (1):251-287.
- Xinghua Gao, Yonghong Jia (2016) "Internal Control over Financial Reporting and the Safeguarding of Corporate Resources: Evidence form the Value of Cash Holdings", Contemporary Accounting Research , 33 (2):783-814.
- Xinghua Gao, Yonghong Jia (2017) "The Role of Internal Control in Equity Issue Market: Evidence from Seasoned Equity Offerings", Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance , 32 (3):303-328.
- B. Anthony Billings, Xinghua Gao, Yonghong Jia (2014) "CEO and CFO Equity Incentives and the Pricing of Audit Services", Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, 33 (2):1-25.
- Mai E Iskandar-Datta, Yonghong Jia (2014) "Investor Protection and Corporate Cash Holdings around the World: New Evidence", Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting , 43 (2):245-273.
- Mai E Iskandar-Datta, Yonghong Jia (2013) "Valuation Consequences of Clawback Provisions", The Accounting Review, 88 (1):171-198.
- Mai E Iskandar-Datta, Yonghong Jia (2012) "Cross-Country Analysis of Secular Cash Trends", Journal of Banking and Finance, 36 (3):898-912.
- Xinghua Gao, Yonghong Jia, Siyi Li "Does Mandatory Disclosure of Internal Control Weaknesses Affect Corporate Financing Decisions? ", Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance,