Joey F George
Title: ISU Distinguished Professor in Business and Associate Dean for Research / John D. DeVries Endowed Chair in Business / Professor of Information Systems and Business Analytics
Department: Administration / Information Systems and Business Analytics
Office: 2200 Gerdin Business Building
Phone number: (515) 294-7162
- PhD in Management, Management Information Systems , University of California- Irvine, California, 1986
- M.Ed., Converse College, Spartanburg, South Carolina, 1980
- A.B., Stanford University, Stanford, California, 1979
- Computer-mediated deceptive communication
- Collaborative computing
- Computer-based monitoring
- Systems analysis & design
AwardsSenior Member of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) 2017Ivy College of Business Research Impact Award 2020Distinguished Professor is Business 2019Ivy College of Business Tenure-Eligible/Tenured Faculty Outstanding Achievement in Research Award 2018LEO Award for Lifetime Achievement in Information Systems 2014
- George, J.F., Gupta, M., Giordano, G., Mills, A., Tennant, V. & Lewis, C. (2018) "The Effects of Communication Mode and Culture on Deception Detection Accuracy", MIS Quarterly, 42 (2):551-575.
- McHaney, R., George, J.F., Gupta, M. (2015) "An Exploration of Digital Deception Detection: Are Groups More Effective than Individuals?", Communication Research, Link to Paper
- George, J.F., Carlson, J.R. & Valacich, J.S. (2013) "“Media Selection as a Strategic Component of Communication”", MIS Quarterly, 37 (4):1233 1251.
- George, J.F., Marett, K. and Giordano, G (2008) "Deception: Towards an Individualistic View of Group Support Systems.", Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 9 (10):653-676.
- Ahuja, M., Chudoba, K.M., Kacmar, C., McKnight, D.H., and George, J.F. (2007) "IT Road Warriors: Balancing Work-Family Conflict, Job Autonomy, and Work Overload to Mitigate Turnover Intention.", MIS Quarterly, 31 (1):1-17.
- Biros, D., George, J F., and Zmud, R.W. (2002) "Inducing Sensitivity to Deception in Order to Improve Decision Making Performance: A Field Study.", MIS Quarterly, 26 (2):119-144.