We will review all of your information at the beginning of your appointment to ensure your return falls within our guidelines. Please be advised that if your return falls outside of our guidelines, we will not be able to prepare your return.
Taxpayers should bring the following to the VITA site to have their returns prepared:
- Proof of identification
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s Federal and State tax returns
- Bank Routing Numbers and Account Numbers for Direct Deposit
- Total paid for day care provider and the day care provider’s tax identifying number (an individual’s Social Security Number or the business’ Employer Identification Number)
- To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
- You must also know whether you are being claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return.
For further information, contact Chris Moon, at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. For more information about the program, visit the IRS web site, irs.gov.