Title: Assistant Professor of Supply Chain Management / Advisor, National Society of Collegiate Scholars ISU Chapter / Industry Note/Book Review Editor, Transportation Journal
Department: Supply Chain Management
Office: 3313 Gerdin Business Building
Phone number: (515) 294-6483
- PhD, Management (Supply Chain Focus), Auburn University, 2012
- MS, Logistics, Air Force Institute of Technology, 2002
- BBA, Business, Campbell University, 1998
- AAS, Logistics, Community College of the Air Force, 1995
Academic Work ExperienceDeputy Department Head and Assistant Professor, Supply Chain ManagementAir Force Institute of Technology2013 - 2017
Professional Work ExperienceLogistics Readiness OfficerUnited States Air Force1989 - 2017
- Behavioral Supply Chain Management
- Process Improvement
- Innovation Research
AwardsIvy College of Business Early Achievement in Teaching Award 2019Ivy CoB Professor of the Month (April) 2018Distinguished Member, National Society of Collegiate Scholars 2017Professor of the Year, Advanced Studies of Air Mobility Graduate Program 2016Highly Commended Award Winner, Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2012
Professional Licenses and CertificationsCertified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt ProfessionalCertified Professional LogisticianCertified Transportation and Logistics
- Maywald, J.D., Reiman, A.D., Overstreet, R.E., and Johnson, A.W. (2019) "Aircraft selection modeling: A multi-step heuristic to enumerate airlift alternatives", Annals of Operations Research, 274 (1–2):425–445.
- Roberts, M. D., Douglas, M. A., Overstreet, R. E., Ogden, J., and Schubert-Kabban, C. (2019) "Development and Validation of a Multi-level Air Freight Handling Safety Climate Scale", Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, 59 (Part A):445-462.
- Stubbendorff, J.R. and Overstreet, R.E. (2019) "A commander’s first challenge: Building trust", Air and Space Power Journal, 33 (2):15-25. Link to Paper
- Suna, Z., Wang, Y., Zhoua, H., Jiaoa, J., and Overstreet, R.E. (2019) "Travel behaviors, user characteristics, and social-economic impacts of shared transportation: A comprehensive review", International Journal of Logistics: Research and Applications, Link to Paper
- Boone, C. A., Hazen, B. T., Skipper, J. B., and Overstreet, R.E. (2018) "A framework for investigating optimization of service parts performance with big data", Annals of Operations Research, 270 (1-2):65-74. Link to Paper
- Carlson, N. J., Reiman, A. D., Overstreet, R. E., and Douglas, M. A. (2017) "Multiple criteria decision making on the load planning process to enhance cargo compartment utilization", Journal of Defense Analytics and Logistics, 1 (2):137-150.
- Swartz, S. M., Douglas, M. A., Roberts, M. D., and Overstreet, R. E. (2017) "Leavin' on my mind: Influence of safety climate on truck drivers' job attitudes and intentions to leave", Transportation Journal, 56 (2):184-209.
- Overstreet, R. E. and Hazen, B. T. (2016) "Editorial. Tips for conducting high-quality reviews", International Journal of Logistics Management, 27 (2):1-6.
- Douglas, M. A., Overstreet, R. E., and Hazen B.T. (2016) "Art of the possible or fools errand: Diffusion of large scale management innovations", Business Horizons, 59 (4):379-389.
- Cooper, A. L., Huscroft, J. R., Overstreet, R. E., and Hazen, B. T. (2016) "Knowledge management for logistics service providers: The role of learning culture", Industrial Management & Data Systems, 116 (3):1-21.
- Hazen, B. T., Overstreet, R. E., and Wang, Y. (2016) "Public bicycle adoption: Consumer perception of ease of use, usefulness and value impact adoption intent", Sustainability, 7 (11):14558-14573.
- Hazen, B. T., Overstreet, R. E., and Boone, C. A. (2015) "Suggested reporting guidelines for structural equation modeling in supply chain management research", International Journal of Logistics Management, 26 (3):627-641.
- Hazen, B. T., Overstreet, R. E., Hall, D. J., and Hanna, J. B. (2015) "Antecedents to and outcomes of reverse logistics metrics programs: A comparison of perspectives", Industrial Marketing Management, 46:160-170.
- Overstreet, R. E., Hazen, B. T., Skipper, J. B., and Hanna, J. B. (2014) "Bridging the gap between strategy and performance: Using leadership style to enable structural elements", Journal of Business Logistics, 35 (2):136-149.
- Fawcett, S. E., Waller, M. A., Miller, J. W., Schwieterman, M.A., Hazen, B. T. and Overstreet, R. E. (2014) "Editorial. A trail guide to publishing success: Tips on writing influential conceptual, qualitative, and survey research", Journal of Business Logistics, 35 (1):1-16.
- Overstreet, R. E., Hazen, B. T., Byrd, T. A., and Hall, D. J. (2013) "Innovativeness in the motor carrier industry", International Journal of Logistics: Research and Applications, 16 (5):367-379.
- Overstreet, R. E., Hanna, J. B., Byrd, T. A., Cegielski, C. G., and Hazen, B. T. (2013) "Leadership style and organizational innovativeness drive motor carriers toward sustained performance", International Journal of Logistics Management, 24 (2):247-270.
- Overstreet, R. E., Hall, D. J., and Cegielski, C. G. (2013) "Predictors of the intent to adopt preventive innovations: A meta-analysis", Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 43 (5):936-946.
- Hazen, B. T., Overstreet, R. E., and Cegielski, C. G. (2012) "Supply chain innovation diffusion: Going beyond adoption", International Journal of Logistics Management, 23 (1):119-134.
- Hazen, B. T., Overstreet, R. E., Jones-Farmer, L. A., and Feild, H. S., Jr. (2012) "The role of ambiguity tolerance in perception of remanufactured products", International Journal of Production Economics, 135 (2):781-790.
- Defee, C. C., Hanna, J. B., and Overstreet, R. E. (2011) "LTL pricing: Looking back to the future", Journal of Transportation Management, 22 (2):45-58.
- Overstreet, R. E., Hall, D. J., Hanna, J. B., and Rainer, R. K., Jr. (2011) "Research in humanitarian logistics", Journal of Humanitarian Logistics and Supply Chain Management, 1 (2):114-131.