Graduate Student Resources
All Ivy College of Business graduate students have access to the Tahira and Labh Hira Graduate Student Lounge. The lounge is located in room 2141 Gerdin and can be accessed using your ISU card. Just click your ISU card on the dark grey box near the door, and you are in. The lounge is a great place to meet for group projects, work on individual assignments, eat a meal, or grab a quick nap between classes.
The lounge includes:
- Tables, chairs, and a couch.
- Coffee maker.
- Refrigerator and freezer (label your food and drink with your name. Only take other items if they are labeled for everyone to have).
- Two desktop computers with free access to a printer.
- Ivy College of Business graduate students can print in the graduate lounge (2141 Gerdin) for free.
- You can print to campus printers (like those in Parks Library) using a system called PaperCut. Every student is allotted at least 500 printing credits at the beginning of each semester to use with PaperCut. Different colleges, departments, or programs may add additional credits, so you may receive more than 500. If you need more printing credits than your semester allotment, extra credits can be charged to your U-Bill at a rate of $0.01 per printing credit ($1.00 minimum). Printing costs vary by printer and ink type.
- You can also print using a personal computer (or other device) to campus printer. Install the required app using these instructions.
- Electives during Block 3 (November/December and April/May) are offered in Ames, Des Moines, and virtually.
- These classes are open to all Ivy graduate students.
- Students may register for these classes during their regular registration periods. Students may only take one Block 3 class per semester.
- Please note that courses taught in Des Moines carry a $189 course fee.
Professional MBA classes meet in the Capital Square building located on the corner of 5th and Locust Street in downtown Des Moines, 400 Locust Street, Suite 160
Parking information for Capital Square:
- Metered lots are located around the Capitol Square building on Walnut Street., 5th St./Ave., or Locust Street.
- There is a free parking lot in downtown Des Moines located south of the Polk County courthouse on the corner of 5th Avenue and Cherry Street.
- There are multiple entrances into the Capitol Square building. The closest entrance to the free parking lot is on the south side of the building at 5th and Walnut Street.