Our 2022 graduates
business undergraduate average starting salary
Business is global
This secondary major (available only to students with a primary major in business) prepares you to take on the world in a program that explores the global economy and prepares you for the international marketplace. You will learn about the international aspects of finance, management, marketing, logistics, and choose a variety of elective courses to expand your global knowledge. This major is housed in the Department of Management and Entrepreneurship, which helps anchor this major in a broader business context.
International business is an exciting field that can take you anywhere around the globe – literally. You will pursue a study abroad experience and take classes that deepen your own global awareness as part of this program. Upon completion of this secondary major, you will be ready to begin your adventure anywhere you choose!
My favorite part about international business through Ivy is the great selection of classes that will help guide and prepare me to understand business from an international view.
Gain real-world experience
As a business student, you can participate in an internship as early as your first or second summer in college. Internships often provide an opportunity to confirm that your major is perfect for you. You will gain real-world experience where you can apply your classroom learning and skills in the workplace. After an internship, you’ll be better prepared for the global world of business. You will make connections with employers, network, and build relationships that may lead to full-time employment after graduation. Ivy students report high average salaries from their internships.
Kathryn Dillon, an international business and management major successfully completed her summer internship with Farm Bureau Financial Services. Read more.
International business at Ivy
How we support you
In the Ivy international business program, you will:
- Learn side-by-side with internationally known faculty who support you.
- Meet and learn from leaders in the industry.
- Work directly with career coordinators who support you in finding internships and full-time employment.
- Have the opportunity to work with experts in the Ivy Writing and Speaking Center.
- Have access to a devoted academic advisor who supports you.
- Have access to scholarships — learn more about the scholarships we offer to our business students.
International business major requirements and classes (For students entering Iowa State fall 2023)
Prior catalog year requirements (for current students)
International business minor
Curriculum Guide 2023
General Education Requirements 2023
The Ivy College of Business International Programs Office is here to help you explore the world while taking courses that will count toward the completion of your business degree. We will help you select a study abroad program that fits your schedule, your budget, and your sense of adventure.
At the Ivy College of Business, we are here to support you from day one. We have academic advisors ready to help you select your classes and choose your major.
Professional career coaching
At Ivy, you can take advantage of professional career coaching. A career coordinator can assist you on how to approach the job market and to develop job-seeking strategies as well as networking opportunities. We are here to help you succeed!
Take the next step
An international business major prepares you to take on the world in a program that explores the global economy and prepares you for the international aspects of finance, management, marketing, logistics, and more.
Connect with us
- Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call at 515-294-8300 any time between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- Schedule a video chat with a member of our recruitment staff. We can do this on your favorite platform, just let us know which one you prefer: Google Hangouts, Zoom, Skype, FaceTime, or suggest another. Email our recruitment staff: email@example.com.